Raise More Money from Your Business Community is based on research and practical experience that will enable you to raise more money from your business community. You'll learn how businesses make decisions to give and the importance on learning "business speak." This book will help you:
Raise More Money from Your Business Community
- Overcome the "Willie Sutton Syndrome"
- Identify the types of businesses likely to give
- Communicate with business leaders in a more compelling manner
- Involve volunteers from the business world in your fundraising activities
- Understand why businesses support their local communities and why some organizations are successful in their approaches to businesses and others are not.
- Reach beyond event sponsorship to involve the business community.
- Understand the corporate/foundation relations fallacy and why it often does not work.
- Learn the secrets used by successful nonprofits when asking for money from businesses.
- Involve your board members in developing their business network for your organization.
- Plan an annual business appeal.
You'll learn why a business appeal can boost all your fundraising efforts, even though statistics who that only 5 percent of philanthropy comes from the business sector. Successfully reaching business donors can help you raise money from individuals, gain corporate volunteers, and raise awareness of your organization.
- Business Philanthropy: Does It Exist?
- How Businesses Give
- Why Businesses Give
- Building Relationships with Businesses
- Getting Started: Identifying Business Prospects
- Getting Started: Cultivation Strategies
- Making the Ask
- Assuring the Future of Corporate Philanthropy