Do you need to raise lots of money but don’t know much about fundraising? Are you struggling to keep up with the demands of your job? Or are you a volunteer just trying to make sure your agency has enough money?
You will learn:
- Common nonprofit fundraising terminology;
- What roles staff, board, and volunteers play in fundraising;
- A plethora of fundraising methods and when to use each of them to obtain maximum results;
- The different motivations of and how to raise money from individuals, foundations, and businesses;
- How to develop a workable strategic plan that addresses the needs of your agency as well as those of the community;
- How to create a written development plan that is visionary yet realistic and moves donors up the donor pyramid while making the most of your limited resources; and
- How to identify, cultivate, and solicit major donors and how to prepare for capital and planned giving campaigns.
We will talk about who raises funds from two perspectives — the internal and the external. In our discussion on the internal, we’ll focus on the roles of those responsible for fundraising. For the external, we look at the competition your nonprofit faces for support.