How to Advance in Your Fundraising Career is written for busy development professionals who want to move ahead in their career and find the exact fit for them. A Nonprofit Quick Guide™, you can read it in one sitting or grab a few chapters over lunch. More importantly, it gives you practical advice that you can easily implement without spending a ton of money.
The authors help you:
- Find ways to get the education and training you need to advance in the field
- Understand how certification can help you land a job, get paid more, and feel good about your accomplishments
- Decide when it is time to move up, move one, or consider consulting
- Find the professional associations and networking opportunities that can help you achieve success
- Create your own personal plan for success
You will learn how to assess your strengths and educate yourself in fundraising techniques and philosophy. You will get insights into how professional organizations can help you grow and make helpful contacts. You will be shown techniques that the authors used to succeed in their development professions and in consulting. You will be given the tools to set goals that are the right goals for you and make sure you are in that ideal job.
Written as part of the Nonprofit Quick Guide series, How to Advance in Your Fundraising Career focuses on the three steps too success—learning, getting involved, and setting goals. Other books in this series address other areas of fundraising such as development planning, grant writing, corporate contributions, fundraising communications, board membership, volunteerism, and finding and retaining new donors, among others.
If you want to grow revenues to keep up with increasing costs, improve financial performance and stability, or have a greater ability to meet unmet or growing client demand, the Nonprofit Quick Guide series is for you.