Fundraising for the GENIUS in this expanded Second Edition is a complete course in nonprofit fundraising. It will:
- Teach you to develop a sustainable fundraising program that will grow with your organization and allow you to fulfill your mission.
- Help you understand the world of philanthropy, development, and fundraising (and to know the differences between each).
- Enable you to bring together your board, non-development staff, development staff and volunteers to create a powerful development team.
- Show you how to evaluate your success and plan for growth in your development program.
- Help you understand the value of planning in development.
- Show you how to develop a compelling case for support.
- Explain all the tools and methods available to you as a fundraiser and chose the ones that make the most sense for your organization.
- Provide tools for raising awareness of your organization in the community and building relationships that will help you succeed in your fundraising efforts.
About the For the GENIUS Series
The For the GENIUS series is a line of easy-to-understand books about literally any topic that people want to learn.
GENIUS books are written for beginners and those who are rusty and want a refresher. Readers receive a solid foundation in the subject in a step-by-step progression from the fundamentals to more advanced aspects. They will enjoy the fun, upbeat, and first-person writing style. They will even find themselves entertained by the occasional sprinkled-in humor, and look forward to sidebars that enhance the discussion.
Though written in a conversational style, GENIUS books are thorough and authoritative treatments of the subject. They are written by experts in the subject who want to share with others what they’ve learned.
We Think Highly of Our Readers, Obviously!
Though we admit to a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun in referring to our readers as geniuses, we do in fact think highly of them. We know that they are intelligent and knowledgable about many subjects, just not necessarily on the subject of the GENIUS book they’ve just picked up. They know that, despite the title, our books are for pretty much everyone, not just “Einsteins”—though even some Einsteins will enjoy our books, too!
We celebrate the fact that our readers are inspired to learn a subject enough to pick up one of our books, which in turn inspires us to ensure, through plenty of perspiration at every step, excellence in producing them.