Linda Lysakowski as a Young Writer
Hello friends, readers, teachers, learners, and writers. This is me at about the age of a year-and-a-half, holding a pencil almost as tall as I was at the time. At about the age of ten I started writing short stories, so I guess I always loved to write and teach.
Seven decades later, I am proud to say I am an accomplished (and more importantly, published) author. My books to date include:
- Recruiting and Training Fundraising Volunteers
- The Development Plan
- Fundraising as a Career: What, Are You Crazy?
- Capital Campaigns: Everything You NEED to Know
- Are You Ready for a Capital Campaignworkbook
- Raise More Money from Your Business Community
- Raise More Money from Your Business Community—The Workbook
- Fundraising for the GENIUS, 1st and 2nd editions
- The Matriarch (a novel).
And co-author of:
- The Essential Nonprofit Fundraising Handbook
- The Leaky Bucket: What’s Wrong with Your Fundraising…And How You Can Fix It
- The New Donor
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning
- Quick Guide to Developing Your Case for Support
- Board Bound Leadership
I am also a contributing author to:
- The Fundraising Feasibility Study—It’s Not About the Money
- YOU and Your Nonprofit Board
I am active in teaching professionals about fundraising and other nonprofit topics.
I’m a graduate of Alvernia University and AFP’s Faculty Training Academy as a Master Teacher. I’m one of slightly more than one hundred professionals worldwide to hold the Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive designation. In my thirty-year career in fundraising, I’ve trained more than 37,000 development professionals in Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, Egypt, and most of the fifty United States. Am an adjunct instructor at UNLV in the Nonprofit Management Certificate course, as well as having taught for several other universities as well and hundreds of hours of distance learning. I am really excited about the new Genius Courses being offer by CharityChannel Press and am actively creating several courses which you’ll see announced on this website soon.
I serve as Acquisitions Editor for CharityChannel Press and For the GENIUS Press. In this role, I’ve edited dozens of books. I welcome your inquiries about writing a book for either imprint. I know you’re a GENIUS in your field, and I’d love to hear your ideas.
While my consultant practice is limited because of my active teaching and writing career, I’ve managed capital campaigns, helped hundreds of nonprofit organizations achieve their development goals. I am dedicated to inspiring creativity and philanthropy! I hope you’ll find inspiration on these pages.