Monday Morning Musings
April 14, 2014
Spring is here! I am not sure about you, but I still remember spring housecleaning, when everyone straightened out closets, drawers, and shelves; washed windows; got out spring and summer clothes; and cleaned out files (maybe for tax season which is also upon us).
This might be a good time to houseclean your development department. Here are some things you can do:
- Go through your donor database and make sure your files are accurate, address, phone numbers, and emails are up to date.
- Also check your lapsed donors, maybe you need a phone or mail appeal to get them to renew this year.
- Spruce up your website. Is it up-to-date? (no old events that were held three months ago but are still listed). Is it interactive? Do you have “donate now” button in a prominent location? Do you have your latest annual report, 990 form etc. on your website?
- Review your board contributions, have you done your annual board appeal yet?
- Review job descriptions for staff, board, and volunteers—are they up-to-date? Or maybe, do they exist?
If you find that a lot these things and more are out-of-date or you can’t find them. It might be time for a development audit.
Earlier this year I had a special offer on a Quick and Dirty Development Audit. If you didn’t take advantage of it then, the first five people to respond to this post, will receive a Quick and Dirty Development Audit for just $499. (regular price $750)
Email me at Linda@LindaLysakowski.com